Visits from family and caregivers contribute greatly to a patient’s quality of life and well-being. Visits have been challenging during COVID-19 and we are pleased to be able to welcome more visitors back into the hospital.
Patients, family, and staff safety is our #1 priority. Here are the specific guidelines:
INPATIENT MEDICAL/SURGICAL UNIT
Who Can Visit?
- Visiting hours will be from 1 to 3 pm and from 6 to 8 pm each day and visitors will have pre-scheduled visit times
- To begin, each patient can have one visitor per day. Visits can last for up to 60 minutes.
- Visitors can only visit one patient at a time.
How Do I Book at Visit?
- Please call 613-257-2200 ext. 820 to schedule a visit.
What Happens When I Come to the Hospital?
- Visitors will enter through the front door at CPDMH after stopping at the screening hut.
- Please help us preserve our supply of Personal Protective Equipment by bringing a face mask with you if you have one. Cloth masks are not permitted. Visitors without their own face mask will be given one.
- Each visitor must go through active screening, wash their hands, wear a face mask, and observe physical distancing. If you do not have a mask, it will be provided.
- Only one visitor is allowed in a multi-patient room at a time.
- Visitors can bring gifts with surfaces that can be wiped down and may also bring clean pyjamas or clothes for the patient they are visiting. Food, drinks, flowers/plants, stuffed animals and items that cannot be wiped down are not permitted
- Following each visit, the nursing staff will wipe down the immediate area (chair, footboard of bed).
OUTPATIENT UNITS - Emergency, OR, Ambulatory Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Physiotherapy
- No accompanying persons are allowed unless the patient requires support.
- Support persons will be asked to wait in the car during the appointment or visit.
Thank you for your support as we introduce these new guidelines and work together to keep everyone safe.