Become a Member
Welcome! We are always looking for new members. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Or just drop by our office near the Gift Shoppe and see what we're all about. You'll be glad you did.
Every attempt will be made to provide you with an assignment that matches your skills and interests. Once an assignment has been made, you will be given the appropriate training and support to ensure you are comfortable with your role.
Thanks again for your interest. We value all volunteers, from all walks of life. Each and every person can make a difference. We look forward to talking with you soon.
How to Apply
To become a member of the CPDMH Auxiliary, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an application form - available at the Information Desk or Gift Shoppe
- Provide at least two references, who are not family members
- Meet the requirements of the Vulnerable Sector Police Check ( “police check”)
- Pay an annual $5.00 registration fee, due upon joining and on April 1st of each year
- Be prepared to commit to - on average – 10 hours of volunteering each month
Once you submit the application form and police check, a volunteer coordinator will contact you for an interview. At the interview, we will discuss work areas and determine a position best suited for you. You will receive an Auxiliary handbook, smock and photo ID badge.
As a member, you will receive:
- Training and ongoing education
- Free parking while volunteering at the hospital
- A complimentary snack per shift
- Social Events
- Smiles, Laughter and New Friends
- An opportunity to offer your skills and expertise to give back to the community.
Learn more about the types of volunteer opportunities available.